Hillandale Farms Pennsylvania Briefly Underlines How to Cook Boiled Eggs in a Pressure Cooker
The pressure cooker is an old-fashioned appliance that enjoys quite a high degree of popularity. After all, it can be used to make a variety of food items, including boiled eggs. No matter whether one is cooking with an electric or a stovetop pressure cooker, they can be assured that the appliance will allow them to make perfect eggs. One just needs to purchase high-quality eggs from Hillandale Farms Pennsylvania and use a pressure cooker to boil them within minutes.
Hillandale Farms Pennsylvania provides an overview of cooking boiled eggs in a pressure cooker
While the pressure cooker is renowned for cooking fast, its appeal for making boiled eggs is entirely different. Eggs boiled in a pressure cooker are actually extremely easy to peel. Hence, if people have access to fresh, high-quality eggs, a pressure cooker shall be the perfect way to make hard-boiled eggs.
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- 8 fresh eggs, preferably from a renowned farm like Hillandale Farms Pennsylvania
- 4 cups cold water
- 4 cups ice cubes
Steps to follow
- Fill up the pressure cooker with the minimum amount of water specified by the manufacturer, and place eggs in the steamer basket above the water. Now seal the lid and bring the pressure cooker up to low pressure.
- Cook while maintaining low pressure for 5-6 minutes; remove the pressure cooker from heat and allow the pressure to drop for 5 minutes.
- Combine cold water and ice in a large bowl.
- Make use of the quick-release method to open the pressure cooker; transfer the hot eggs to ice water using an oven mitt or spoon to make sure that it completely stops cooking.
- Let the eggs cool in the water for about 30 minutes.
In most cases, pressuring cooking eggs on high for 5 minutes, and waiting 5 minutes before releasing pressure after the cooking time would be enough. However, if one is using extra large or jumbo eggs, then it is better to increase the cooking time to 7 or 8 minutes, respectively. Properly adjusting the cooking time is important to get hard-boiled eggs with yellow, creamy yolk. People can make soft boiled eggs in a pressure cooker as well, just by reducing the cooking time to 3 minutes.
Both stovetop and electric pressure cookers work well for making hard-boiled eggs. One simply has to cook their eggs as per the instructions provided, as well as properly remove the lid of the cooker according to the manufacturer’s safety directions. Whenever using a pressure cooker, a person must pay proper heed to the safety instructions. It is vital not to exceed the maximum fill line on the cooker. As an extra precaution, long-handled tongs can be used to release the pressure valve on electric pressure cookers in order to avoid spattering steam that may result in burns.
Even if a person is cooking a number of eggs together, they should still avoid stacking eggs on top of each other. Eggs shall rattle around lesser and cook in a more even manner when they are placed in a single layer. Stacked eggs might collide while cooking, leading to cracks and leaks.